Pedal for the Y
third annual Sac Central YMCA
Pedal for the Y
Friday, February 23
6:00am – 6:00pm
One of our dedicated volunteers and Advisory Board Members, Isaac Gonzalez, is set to lead the 3rd Annual Pedal for the Y on his 37th Birthday. He is riding for 12 hours from 6:00am – 6:00pm to raise funds for the Sacramento Central YMCA Y-Assist Scholarship Program that provides critical funds to participate in childcare, membership, swim lessons, youth sports, day camp, and more!
For 2018, Isaac’s goal is $10,000, and he’s determined to ride for 12 hours, give back to his YMCA community, and inspire others to participate in Pedal for the Y. In addition, this year Isaac is riding to honor his father, who passed away last year the day after Pedal for the Y.
We hope you’ll join Isaac and Pedal for the Y with him!
Join the Ride
Complete the Pedal for the Y Challenge! Whether you want to be like Isaac and complete the 12-hour challenge solo, do a relay with team members, or ride solo for an hour, all Pedal for the Y participants will receive a commemorative Pedal for the Y t-shirt.
How to Participate:
- Divide and conquer. Split the 12 hours with many team participants!
- Don’t have a group to fill the entire day? We can place you on a team!
- Ride for any amount of hours you choose.
- Team bike set up begins at 5:30am.
- Your bike will be labeled by your Team Name and located in the lobby.
- You are welcome and highly encouraged to decorate your bike.
- You are allowed to bring your own bike seat if you would like.
- If riding solo, you are allowed to get off your bike the last 10 minutes of every hour.
- Relay participants can transition every 30 minutes. Max of 24 riders per team.
- Participants can bring their own headphones, music, books, magazines, tablets, etc.
- Participants can drink and eat while on the bike as needed.
- The Sacramento Central YMCA will provide snacks and water for riders.
- All riders will receive a commemorative Pedal for the Y T-shirt.
Donation required to participate. Must register in advance to reserve your bike! Space is limited.
If you are interested in riding along with Isaac in Pedal for the Y, register here.
Interested in supporting Pedal for the Y with a charitable donation? Click purple button below.
Or you can support one of these individual riders:
Calling all Community Partners! We hope that you will consider supporting our Pedal for the Y event through sponsorship or matching funds raised by a Pedal for the Y team.
We offer wonderful benefits built into our sponsorships such as local media exposure, recognition at the event, vendor booth space, and emails to our 3,000+ YMCA members. We will also provide you with a letter recognizing your charitable donation to our 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Please contact Danielle Mendoza at Dmendoza@ymcasuperiorcal.org or 916.452.9622 x107 to get involved now.
End Date: 2018-04-10