Youth Swim Lessons
The Sacramento Central YMCA Aquatics Swim Lesson program is student centered and includes five main learning components: stroke development, water sports, personal safety, water rescue and personal growth. Swim Lessons at the Y develop competency in swimming, along with confidence and endurance.
A child is advanced to the next level only when he or she can proficiently and safely complete the skills necessary. Program content is based on the concept of developing a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Instruction is delivered in a caring atmosphere by certified instructors who give students personalized attention. Lessons are developmentally appropriate and designed to quickly and effectively teach aquatic skills. Safety is out highest priority. Our swim lesson program is year round and takes place at our indoor fully heated pool.
The Y strives to provide the best aquatic experience possible. Please do not hesitate to contact the us if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns.
Patrick Maridon, Aquatics Director
916.452.9622 ext. 106
Ali Amundson, Aquatics Coordinator
916.452.9622 ext. 104
Swim Lesson Reminders
- Please shower and use the restroom before entering the pool.
- Children under 3 must wear water proof diapers at all times in the pool.
- We provide instructional floatation devices to use during lessons.
- Due to the size of our Swim Lesson program, we do not offer make-up sessions
- If the Y cancels a class, we offer a prorated voucher that will be available to you on your YMCA account.