Youth Swim Lessons
Sacramento Central YMCA Swim Lessons are student-centered and include five main learning components: stroke development, water sports, personal safety, water rescue and personal growth. Swim Lessons at the Y develop competency in swimming, along with confidence and endurance.
YMCA Swim Lessons continue to evolve to better meet the needs of the people we serve. The latest evolution of Y Swim Lessons aims to increase the accessibility and enjoyment of swimming to all ages and skill levels and accommodates varying abilities to help foster a sense of achievement as swimmers’ progress between levels. Through this approach, advanced swimmers flow more easily to higher levels while swimmers who need more instruction can learn at their own pace. This results in more confident swimmers who stick with lessons and develop a love for swimming that can last a lifetime.
At the Y, safety is our highest priority. Instruction is delivered in a caring and positive atmosphere by certified instructors who give students personalized attention. Lessons are developmentally appropriate and designed to quickly and effectively teach aquatic skills. Our swim lesson program is year round and takes place at our indoor fully heated pool.
The Y strives to provide the best aquatic experience possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns.
Ali Amundson, Aquatics Coordinator
916.452.9622 ext. 104
Swim Lesson Reminders
- Please shower and use the restroom before entering the pool.
- Children under 3 must wear water proof diapers at all times in the pool.
- We provide instructional floatation devices to use during lessons.
- Due to the size of our Swim Lesson program, we do not offer make-up sessions
- If the Y cancels a class, we offer a prorated voucher that will be available to you on your YMCA account.