Day Camp Counselor
Job Type: Seasonal
Compensation: Starting at $12.60
Provide direct supervision for a group of children in a seasonal day camp. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
1. Supervises a group of children.
2. Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate
and consistent with YMCA core values.
3. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
4. Attends staff meetings and trainings.
5. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary
situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
6. Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff.
7. All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
- Mission and Community Oriented: Models and teaches YMCA values. Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives.
- Ensures high-level services that differentiate the YMCA from other providers.
- Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition.
- People Oriented: Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict.
- Builds relationships to create small communities.
- Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
- Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
- Results Oriented: Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
- Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Provides others with frameworks for making decisions.
- Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
- Cultivates relationships to support fundraising. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
- Personal Development Oriented: Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
- Shares new insights.
- An awareness of the impact of change.
1. High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
2. Previous experience working with children preferably in a day camp setting
3. Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc..
4. At least 18 years of age (The age minimum may be higher depending on state law and YMCA policies.)
Submit your employment interest by sending your resume and cover letter to Jen Moore, Program Coordinator for Youth Development, subject line: Camp Counselor Application, at email@example.com to be considered.