Referee - Sacramento
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Youth Sports
Sacramento Central YMCA
2021 W Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
Under the supervision of the Youth Sports Program Director facilitate the growth of a team through explanations of calls made, to encourage children to play as a team. To help players have fun, learn skills; discuss fair play, team work and sportsmanship. The referee is in charge of the safety of the players on the field or court. Officiates at games according to league rules and YMCA guidelines. Also, Provide direct supervision for a group of children. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the rules and officiating practices for the assigned sport.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Ensure high program quality for assigned gym with impartial and consistent officiating by your team, keeping games on time, safe and fun.
- Maintains positive relations with parents, coaches and other staff.
- Be a good role model to players and others.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience working with children preferably in after school setting
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: sports, recreational games, etc.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid, CPR.
Position Type: Part-Time Non-Exempt
Approx. 4-8 hours/week.
Submit Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org