Water Fitness Instructor - Sacramento
Job Type: Part Time
Sacramento Central YMCA
2021 W Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
Under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Water Fitness Instructor instructs group water fitness, exercise, and aerobics classes, provides excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Responsible for teaching and the safety of a small to large class of adults (15-50 people). Evening and Saturday availability needed.
- Leads group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Conducts energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes.
- Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Enforce aquatic rules and policies
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
- Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness
to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have high school diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of exercise training and leadership, including basic anatomy, physiology, and exercise principles
- Physically fit in order to demonstrate all phases of aerobic exercises
- Able to hear and follow the beat of the music and have visual ability to observe class participants during workout. Provide music that meets YMCA standards.
- Able to vocalize cues and use equipment properly
- Mentally alert to recognize potential hazards and accidents
- Physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and administer CPR and First Aid effectively
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification completed within 90 days of employment.
To apply please send resume to email@example.com