Aquatics: Swim Instructors & Lifeguards
Sacramento Central YMCA
2021 W Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
The YMCA of Superior California is seeking Swim Instructors and Lifeguards for our indoor and outdoor pools in Sacramento. Lifeguard & Swim Instructors provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes ages 6 months to adults. Also, maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas.
Maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Perform equipment checks and ensure appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Check the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Perform chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum age of 18.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding or obtains Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification within 60 days of hire.
- Oxygen Administration certification (required within 30 days of hire)
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
sidered for a position.
- Position Type: Part-time
- FLSA: Nonexempt
- Salary Range: $13.00
- Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org