Dear Members and Program Participants in Sacramento & Yolo Counties,
The Sacramento and Yolo County Public Health Officers have issued an order effective Friday, July 30 requiring all individuals to wear face coverings when indoors in workplaces and public settings, with limited exemptions, based upon updated guidance from the CDC to slow the spread of the Coronavirus B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant:
- Persons who are working alone in a closed office or room;
- Persons who are actively eating and/or drinking;
- Persons swimming or showering in a fitness facility;
- Persons who are obtaining a medical or cosmetic service involving the nose or face for which temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the service;
- Persons who are specifically exempted from wearing face masks pursuant to other CDPH guidance:
- Persons younger than two years old. Very young children must not wear a mask because of the risk of suffocation.
- Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a mask. This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a mask could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a mask without assistance.
- Persons who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Persons for whom wearing a mask would create a risk to the person related to their work, as determined by local, state, or federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines.
Regardless of vaccination status, all Members and Program Participants will be required to wear a face covering when indoors at the YMCA, or when indoors at a YMCA program off-site starting Friday, July 30. This includes physical activities such as youth sports like basketball, or working out at the Sacramento Central YMCA or Woodland YMCA Fitness Center.
The YMCA is committed to following all State, County, and CDC guidelines to the best of our ability. Please help us keep one another healthy by following the guidelines. We thank you for your compliance so that we may continue to offer programs and services.