Oroville Lesson Levels
YMCA Swim Lesson Levels are determined by age and ability of the participant. Children who are new swimmers will be placed in our beginning swim levels. If you believe your child should be placed in a higher level or you've been away from the Y for more than 6 months, he or she must take a swim test. The following swim stage descriptions and lesson selector will help you in determining the best fit for your child. Once you have identified the best level for your child, you can register them in lessons by age.
YMCA Swim Lessons continue to evolve to better meet the needs of the people we serve. The latest evolution of Y Swim Lessons aims to increase the accessibility and enjoyment of swimming to all ages and skill levels and accommodates varying abilities to help foster a sense of achievement as swimmers’ progress between levels. Through this approach, advanced swimmers flow more easily to higher levels while swimmers who need more instruction can learn at their own pace. This results in more confident swimmers who stick with lessons and develop a love for swimming that can last a lifetime.
TEEN AND ADULT
|Teen and Adult classes follow the same progressions as above, but are designed for adults and teens.
1. Once a swimmer has mastered the skills required in their specific level they will advance to the next level. Swimmers will recieve a passing progress report from their instructor to indicate their advancement.
2. Swim Tests are avaliabe Fridays 5pm (no appointment needed) to determine your childs level if they are not beginners.
3. Children not potty trained must wear swim diapers and a plastic cover over it.
4. Sessions are 8 half hour lessons twice a week or 4 one hour lessons once a week.
5. Member pay $40 per session, Non-Members pay $60 per session.
The Porpoise Club is a year around swim team for children who can swim at Level 4 or above. This program refines strokes, increases speed and endurance. Through year around swimming children develop skills that prepare them for competitive swim. Come to any practice and have your child tested to see if they are ready for swim team. List of Meets will be posted as they become avaliabe.
Fridays 4:30 PM and Saturdays 10 AM
Summer hours Tues/Thurs 7:15pm, Fridays 4:30pm, Saturdays 10 AM
$150 every 3 months
For students that prefer a more specialzed program our certifed instructors offer private lessons. Students are taught at their level and instructors will focus on what they need to impove or specific tasks that parents want them to work on.
Options for 8-30 min lessons or 4-60 min lessons These start monthly.
COST: Individual- $120 Semi-Private $160
TIMES: See the Swim Lesson Schedule
For more information: Please contact the YMCA