Healthy Kids Day
Healthy Kids Day
Presented by UnitedHealthcare
Saturday, April 21st, 2018
10:00am – 1:00pm
All ages welcome!
2021 W Street
Event is FREE and open to the public!
- First 50 kids in attendance will get a FREE Nerf Energy Kit provided by United Healthcare!
- Interested to become a facility member at Sacramento Central? Join on Healthy Kids Day and pay NO JOINING FEE!
- Registration specials for Youth Summer Basketball, Swim Lessons, and Summer Camp.
- Grab a passport and complete the activities to be entered to win Free tickets to a River Cats game!
Parking is free and available in both the upper and lower lots on W Street.
Family Fitness Workshops
Bring a picnic blanket or chairs and grab a seat in front of the stage on the field to participate in free family fitness workshops and watch performances from local youth groups.
- 10:00am - Family Yoga
- 10:30am – Kohler Drum Line & Kohler Step Performance
- 11:00am - Family Zumba
- 12:00pm - Hula Lesson
Childcare Art Show
Winners will be revealed at the Childcare Art Show on the upper basketball court. Admire your child’s artwork and share it with the whole family.
Community Chalk Mural
Participate in a community chalk mural project led by some of Sacramento’s local artists! Mural will be on the upper basketball court.
Water Safety Presentations
Join us for a water safety presentation and learn more about our year-round swim lessons program in our indoor heated pool, where we offer swim lesson for all ages. First 20 people can join our staff as we present parents and kids on how to be safe around the water. Topics will focus on 1) Being a water watcher 2) What to do when a friend falls in 3) How and when to wear a life jacket 4) The importance of sun safety.
Each family who participates in the presentation will get a pass for 2 adults and 2 kids for any of our open swim times available until May 30, 2018 as well as water watcher whistles and tattoos.
Presentations will be at 10:15am, 11:15am and 12:15am.
Choose from a variety of designs and get your face painted for Free!
Run, jump, crawl, get the little ones active by going through the obstacle course. See if you can beat your time each time you go through!
Basketball Skills & Drills
Sacramento Kings coaches will be onsite to test basketballs skills and run some fun drills on the lower basketball court.
- Sacramento Fire Department Fire Engine will be onsite from 10:00am – 11:00am.
- United Healthcare will have giveaways and information about healthy living.
- Sacramento Children’s Museum will have interactive activities.
- Better Living Massage Therapy – stop by for a chair massage for a $5 suggested donation.
- Raley’s – fruit and veggie taste testing and sandwiches available.
- Pressed Juicery – stop by for delicious juice samples.
Arts & Crafts
Get crafty and make your own name tag to wear proudly around the event. Stop by the “Make your Own Name Tag” booth on the upper basketball court.
Engage your child’s mind in an engineering challenge activity. Stop by the STEM Activity booth on the field to participate.
Purchase a raffle ticket and get entered to win great prizes! $1 for one ticket, $5 for 7 tickets, $10 for 20 tickets.
- Mikuni Gift Basket
- Pressed Juicery Gift Card
- Massage Gift Certificate from Better Living Massage Therapy
- Free YMCA Birthday Party
- One Free Week of Summer Camp at Bridgeway Island
- 50% Off Gift Certificate for a Swim Lesson session
- 50% Off Gift Certificate for Youth Summer Basketball
Become a Sponsor or Vendor:
Calling all Community Partners! We hope that you will consider supporting our Healthy Kids Day event through sponsorship or donating in-kind services.
We offer wonderful benefits built into our sponsorships such as print and media exposure, recognition at the event, and onsite branding. We will also provide you with a letter recognizing your charitable donation to our 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Thank you to our 2018 Event Sponsors