The Sacramento Central YMCA offers a wide variety of water exercise classes to meet the needs of all of our participants. Below you will find a list of all of our classes and their offered times.
Exercises approved by the Arthritis Foundation that include walking, gentle stretching, flexing, extension and range-of-motion. Exercises are done in shallow water and focus on activities of daily living, moving a joint through your range of motion and holding it to feel a gentle stretch in the muscle.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday : 10:30am - 11:15am - Pat Wolfe
An instructional class of Aerobic movements performed in the water, to improve body conditioning, cardiovascular fitness, and flexibility.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday : 1:15pm - 2:15pm
- Tuesday/Thursday : 1:15pm - 2:15pm
Stretch and Strength
Movement to get your heart pumping combined with strength training to build your muscles.
- Tuesday/Thursday : 7:00pm - 8:00pm
A high energy, non-impact water aerobics class including strength training and stretching
- Tuesday : 10:30am - 11:15am
- Wednesday : 7:00pm - 8:00pm - Denise
- Thursday : 11:00am - 11:45am ; 7:00pm - 8:00pm
A unique exercise class that takes place in the water, utilizing flotation devices to allow a high energy, non-impact water aerobics class in deep water
- Monday : 7:00pm - 8:00pm - Marcus
- Friday : 6:00pm - 7:00pm - Robyn
Water Exercise Rules
- Community is a great benefit of your Y membership; please remember to keep socializing to a minimum during water exercise instruction.
- Please respect your fellow members and only enter the pool when Lap swim has ended allowing everyone to enjoy the benefit of our pool
- Water exercise begins promptly at the time indicated on the schedule. Please respect lap swim and swim lesson times and enter the pool only when it is your class time.
- One lane may be used for private lessons during any water exercise time.
Equipment for all classes is provided
For any water exercise questions, please contact: