Knowing how to swim is a life-saving skill that opens up a vast array of opportunities to stay fit, develop self-confidence, build relationships and safely enjoy aquatic activities.
Benefits of Swim Lessons with the YMCA:
- America’s most trusted swim teacher with nationally practiced swim and water safety curriculum
- Indoor, heated pool open year-round
- Skilled, trained swim instructors certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid
- Two lifeguards always on duty
- Different class size options (Group, Semi-Private, Private)
- Lessons for every level of swimmer and of all abilities
- Affordable pricing and financial assistance available to make swim safety accessible to all
- And a full fitness facility available to members before, during, or after swim lessons
New Participant Curious about swim levels register today
Youth Group Swim Lessons take place with a minimum of 3 participants and a maximum of 6 participants. If you are looking for a more individualized experience, visit our Semi-Private and Private Lesson page.
Sabrina Wiederhold, Aquatics Coordinator
916.452.9622 ext. 104
Swim Lesson Reminders
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Children under 3 must wear waterproof diapers at all times in the pool
- We provide instructional flotation devices to use during lessons
- Due to the size of our Swim Lesson program we do not offer make-up lessons
- If the Y cancels a class, we offer a prorated voucher that will be available to you on your YMCA account