YOUTH GROUP SWIMMING LESSONS
When your kids take swim lessons at the Y, they’ll gain confidence and learn new skills in a fun, caring environment. Not to mention the benefits of staying active and healthy!
PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS
Private lessons are a great for kids who don’t do well in large groups, teens & adults for are just learning to swim, or any age looking to perfect their stroke.
ADULT AND TEEN SWIMMING LESSONS
The pool just isn't for kids. Join the fun and learn something new! Our adult swim lesson program offers individualized instruction for every level.
Knowing how to swim is a life-saving skill that opens up a vast array of opportunities to stay fit, develop self-confidence, build relationships and safely enjoy aquatic activities.
Benefits of Swim Lessons with the YMCA:
- America’s most trusted swim teacher with nationally practiced swim and water safety curriculum
- Indoor, heated pool open year-round
- Skilled, trained swim instructors certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid
- Two lifeguards always on duty
- Different class size options (Group, Semi-Private, Private)
- Lessons for every level of swimmer and of all abilities
- Affordable pricing and financial assistance available to make swim safety accessible to all
- And a full fitness facility available to members before, during, or after swim lessons
If you have any questions follow this link to our group swim lesson frequently asked questions page.
Youth Group Swim Lessons take place with a minimum of 3 participants and a maximum of 6 participants. If you are looking for a more individualized experience, visit our Semi-Private and Private Lesson page.
Alexandra Amundson, Aquatics Director
916.452.9622 ext. 104
SWIM LESSON REMINDERS
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Children under 3 must wear waterproof diapers at all times in the pool
- We provide instructional flotation devices to use during lessons
- Due to the size of our Swim Lesson program we do not offer make-up lessons
- If the Y cancels a class, we offer a prorated voucher that will be available to you on your YMCA account