Open Pool & Lap Swim
From Water Exercise to Open Swim to Lap Swim, our pool has programs and times for everyone!
Knowing how to swim is a life-saving skill that opens up a vast array of opportunities to stay fit, develop self-confidence, build relationships and safely enjoy aquatic activities.
Benefits of Swim Lessons with the YMCA:
- America’s most trusted swim teacher with nationally practiced swim and water safety curriculum
- Indoor, heated pool open year-round
- Skilled, trained swim instructors certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid
- Two lifeguards always on duty
- Different class size options (Group, Semi-Private, Private)
- Lessons for every level of swimmer and of all abilities
- Affordable pricing and financial assistance available to make swim safety accessible to all
- And a full fitness facility available to members before, during, or after swim lessons
Water exercise classes are a fun way to use the resistance and buoyancy of the water to improve cardiovascular fitness, strength, and flexibility. classes combine light to moderate aerobic workout with exercises in the shallow and deep water to help increase endurance, core strength, and flexibility. Water exercise is perfect if you’re looking for a fun, low impact workout.
Lifeguard Certification Classes
Build a skill. save a life.
Being a top-quality lifeguard comes from rigorous training, commitment, vigilance, and quality supervision. A lifeguard who is experienced, prepared, and confident is an asset to the community. That's why the Sacramento Central YMCA offers American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Courses.
The Lifeguard Program is a scenario-based training course, where participants learn what it takes to be a professional lifeguard. This course provides all the certifications required by the State of California to lifeguard at any pool, beach, or water park