Health & Wellness Orientation
All YMCA members receive a complimentary Health & Wellness Orientation upon joining!
Schedule a 45-minute Health & Wellness Orientation to do a walk-through with one of our Trainers who will demonstrate specific exercises appropriate for different areas of the facility.
- Fitness Equipment Overview
- Learn how to use 3 different types of cardio equipment including how to vary your workout and monitor intensity.
- Learn how to operate at least 2 pieces of equipment (each) for the upper body and lower body in the cardio and weight rooms.
- Learn how to use equipment in the Stretching/Core/Functional Fitness area with a demonstration of some stretches for the upper body, lower body, and core.
- Coaches will discuss how to select the appropriate amount of weight; proper form and alignment and breathing; how to decide on the number of reps and sets
- Introduction to Group Fitness & Aquatics Class Schedules
- Coaches will explain different types of classes available, make recommendations based on individual interests/needs/availability
- Highlight classes appropriate for those with limited mobility (if applicable)
- Introduction to PT, Semi-PT, and Small Group Training + Nutrition Programming & Services
- Coaches will describe how a Personal Trainer can further be a resource for more individualized attention/training needs, guiding step-by-step through workouts with design and equipment
How to schedule:
To schedule your Health & Wellness Orientation, either email email@example.com or visit the Member Services Desk to book your orientation.