Infant Teacher – Childcare Development Center - Sacramento
Job Type: Full Time
Category: YMCA Child Care
Sacramento Central YMCA
2021 W Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
Provides direction to program and staff and implements program curriculum in the classroom. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Position Type: Full Time
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Retirement
Salary Range: $12
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the safe arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning
environment of the classroom.
2. Assist with planning, supervising, and implementing classroom activities in
accordance with the policies and philosophy of the YMCA.
3. Submit written curriculum as required by Site Director.
4. Model appropriate behavior.
5. Maintain communication with parents/guardian including informal meetings as
6. Supervise children and be responsible for their safety at all times.
7. Change diapers and complete paperwork.
8. Knowledge of all Safety and Emergency procedures.
9. All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
1. At least 18 years of age (The age minimum may be higher depending on state law).
2. Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law (if the state
sets requirements. The YMCA should establish minimum qualification standards if
the state has no requirements).
3. ECE 300 class.
4. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days
of hire date.
5. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
6. Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
7. Previous experience with diverse populations.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.