Membership Policies & Information
The information below is for members of the YMCA of Superior California with YMCA branches in Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Woodland, or Oroville.
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your “home” YMCA. If visiting another Y, please have them call your home branch to confirm your membership as we are not in the nationwide system.
- You will need to sign a waiver and show photo ID each time you visit a Y outside of your association
- You may visit other Ys as much as you want as long as you use your home Y at least 51% of the time (per month)
- Community participants and special memberships (third party like Silver & Fit) are not eligible to participate
- Nationwide Memberships do not have access to free guest passes.
Membership Payment Options
- Monthly Automatic Bank Draft via checking account, credit or debit card on the 5th or 20th of every month.
- Annual (12 months) via cash, check or credit card. Receive one month free for selecting Annual Payment option.
- The Joining Fee is not refundable or transferable.
- The Joining Fee is waived if a member is transferring from another YMCA and has proof of recent active membership within one month.
- There is a one-time Joining Fee for all new memberships (except Youth). Those who cancel their membership may rejoin within one month and not repay the Joining Fee.
Membership Hold Options
A membership can be placed on hold for a short-term illness or vacation for a minimum 1 month, maximum 6 months.
A monthly hold fee will be assessed by membership type: $10/month for Youth members, $15/month for Young Adult or Senior members, $20/ month for Adult members, and $20/month for household members.
No hold charge will be accessed if a doctor’s note is provided. Written notice is required 2 weeks prior to the draft date.
Membership Account Changes
To make any changes to your YMCA membership, such as an upgrade/downgrade or billing change, please contact us at email@example.com or stop by the Member Service Desk fourteen days prior to your next draft date. Refunds will not be issued.
Membership Category Changes
To change your YMCA membership category you must notify the front desk staff fourteen days prior to te draft date in order for the new fee to reflect on to the next billing cycle. (ex:Adult Membership type to Senior Membership type). A refund will not be issued if we were not notified of the membership category change fourteen days prior to the draft date.
Y-Assist/ Financial Assistance
The YMCA helps hundreds of people each year with membership scholarships through our Y-Assist program. Whatever your financial situation, we will work with you to ensure that you and your family receive the opportunity to participant in the Y's values-based programs. Y-Assist can be applied towards membership dues and/or program registration. You can apply in-person with the Member Service Desk or via email by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
*Y-Assist cannot be applied towards any Membership Joining Fees or Add-ons.
If you are having trouble with your YMCA membership due to financial circumstances, please take a minute to call or visit the YMCA and speak with a staff member about Financial Assistance.
**For members of the YMCA of Superior California (Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Woodland, or Oroville) only.**
If you are on a bank draft/automatic withdrawal you must cancel your membership 2 weeks (fourteen days) prior to your draft date to avoid paying any future months.
Membership Refund Policy
Membership and Joining Fees are non-refundable or transferable.
YMCA of Superior California members receive five guest passes per calendar year.
All guests are required to show valid photo ID, provide contact information, and sign the Guest Book upon arrival.
Day Pass visitors are required to show a Photo ID, provide contact information (name, address, phone, email) and sign the Guest Book at the Member Services Desk upon arrival.
Sacramento Central YMCA and Rollingwood YMCA
- $15 for an Adult (19 - 61 years)
- $8 for a Youth (18 and Under) and Seniors (62 + years)
Oroville YMCA and Woodland YMCA Fitness Center
- $12 Adult (ages 18+)
- $7 Youth and Senior (ages under 17 or over 62)
Kids and Teens
An adult (18+) must accompany children under the age of 14 years at all times.
Dependents on a Family Membership
Dependents must be under the age of 19 to be part of a Household Membership.
Lost Membership Cards
A $5 fee will be charged for a replacement membership card.
Try the Y / Trial Membership
We offer passes to try the facility. If it is a community members very first time they will receive a Try the Y pass. After this trial, they can sign up for membership or purchase a One Day Pass at the Member Service Desk. Visitors are required to show a photo ID, provide contact information and sign the Guest Book upon arrival.
Lost and Found
The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. All items given to the Membership Services Desk will be held for two weeks. If not claimed, the items will be donated. Please check at the Member Services Desk for lost items.
The following are not acceptable in YMCA facilities and programs, Member Code of Conduct:
- Abusive, harassing, intimidating or obscene language or gestures.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior, any sexual contact with another person.
- Threats of harm, physical aggression or violent acts.
- Clothing, signs, symbols, jewelry, tattoos, or anything visible that conveys a message of hate, exclusion, intimidation, threat, or violence.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Smoking on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment.
- Damaging or defacing YMCA property.
- Possession, sale, use or being under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances.
- Offensive and unlawful conduct.
- Loitering or Solicitation within or on the grounds of the YMCA.
Sex Offender Policy
To help enhance the safety of the members, guests and staff in our facilities, the Y monitors the sexual offender registry. Persons on the registry will not be eligible for membership, guest access or program participation with the YMCA.
Contact Us for more information on membership fees, membership benefits, and how to join the Y.