Membership Policies & Information
The information below is for members of the YMCA of Superior California with YMCA branches in Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Woodland, or Oroville.
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your “home” YMCA.
Membership Payment Options
- Monthly Automatic Bank Draft via checking account, credit or debit card on the 5th or 20th of every month.
- Annual (12 months) via cash, check or credit card. Receive one month free for selecting Annual Payment option.
A membership can be placed on hold for a short-term illness or vacation. Minimum 1 month, Maximum 6 months. A monthly hold fee will be assessed by membership type: $5/month for Youth members, $10/month for Young Adult or Senior members, $15/ month for Adult members, $20/month for household members. No hold charge will be accessed if doctor’s note is provided. Written notice is required 2 weeks prior to the draft date. YMCA does not provide accident or medical insurance.
If you are having trouble with your YMCA membership due to financial circumstances, please take a minute to call or visit the YMCA and speak with a staff member about Financial Assistance. The YMCA helps hundreds of people each year with membership scholarships through our Y-Assist program.
**For members of the YMCA of Superior California (Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Woodland, or Oroville) only.**
If you are on a bank draft/automatic withdrawal you must cancel your membership 2 weeks prior to your draft date to avoid paying any future months.
Membership Refund Policy
Membership and Joining Fees are non-refundable or transferable.
Any 2020 or 2021 refunds requested for membership amounts paid during our mandated facility closures (mid-March 2020 through mid- June 2020, mid- July 2020 through beginning of October 2020, and November 2020 through mid-March 2021) will be eligible to receive a credit only. Refund / Credit requests for 2020 & 2021 closure time will only be honored through June 30, 2021. The credit amount will be based on the amount originally paid and prorated accordingly.
The Joining Fee is not refundable or transferable.
The Joining Fee is waived if a member is transferring from another YMCA and has proof of recent active membership.
There is a one-time Joining Fee for all new memberships (except Youth). Those who cancel their membership may rejoin within 1 month and not repay the Joining Fee.
YMCA members are encouraged to bring friends to the YMCA. Each member receives 5 guest passes per year. Each guest is allowed to visit the facility a total of five times. For safety reasons, all guests are required to show a Photo ID, provide contact information (name, address, phone, email) and sign the Guest Book at the Member Services Desk upon arrival. Afterwards, the guest is asked to purchase a membership or Day Pass.
Day Pass visitors are required to show a Photo ID, provide contact information (name, address, phone, email) and sign the Guest Book at the Member Services Desk upon arrival.
- $12 for an Adult (19 - 61 years)
- $7 for a Youth (18 and Under) and Seniors (62 + years)
Kids and Teens
Children and tweens 14 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times.
Dependents on a Family Membership
Dependents must be under the age of 19 to be part of a Household Membership.
Lost Membership Cards
A $5 fee will be charged for a replacement membership card.
Try the Y / Trial Membership
Lost and Found
The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. All items given to the Membership Services Desk will be held for two weeks. If not claimed, the items will be donated. Please check at the Member Services Desk for lost items.
The following are not acceptable in YMCA facilities and programs, Member Code of Conduct:
- Abusive, harassing, intimidating or obscene language or gestures.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior, any sexual contact with another person.
- Threats of harm, physical aggression or violent acts.
- Clothing, signs, symbols, jewelry, tattoos, or anything visible that conveys a message of hate, exclusion, intimidation, threat, or violence.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Smoking on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment.
- Damaging or defacing YMCA property.
- Possession, sale, use or being under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances.
- Offensive and unlawful conduct.
- Loitering or Solicitation within or on the grounds of the YMCA.
Sex Offender Policy
To help enhance the safety of the members, guests and staff in our facilities, the Y monitors the sexual offender registry. Persons on the registry will not be eligible for membership, guest access or program participation with the YMCA.
Contact Us for more information on membership fees, membership benefits, and how to join the Y.