Program Director - Oroville
Job Type: Full Time
1684 Robinson Street
Oroville, CA 95965
Under the guidance of the District Executive Director, The YMCA Program Director will oversee programing in Oroville.
Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of Superior California is a Metropolitan YMCA servicing Butte County, Yolo, Grass Valley and Sacramento. our team and volunteers make a lasting impact every day in communities across the valley. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the guidance of the District Executive Director, The YMCA Program Director will oversee programing in Oroville. The incumbent will supervise all staff, encompassing part time staff leaders.
The Program Director will also oversee all area of Programs, which include but not limited to Aquatics, Health & Wellness, Mini Holiday Camps and Summer Day Camp. Develop and adhere to budgets for all designated program areas. Review and evaluate all current programs in each designated program area. Develops program objectives for each designated program area. Provides leadership with Branch-wide special events. Recruit, develop and train volunteers for all designated program areas and special events. Provide leadership in all facets of the Youth Support Campaign. Has computer skill and knowledge of invoice processing and expense reports.
It is necessary that s/he have a clear understanding of the relationship of the general public to the branch, of staff to volunteers, and of intra-staff actions. S/he must be able to delegate appropriate responsibilities involved in day-to-day operations, S/he must guide or direct all actions with a continuing consciousness of the operating objectives of the branch as defined in long and sort range branch plans.
• 21 years of age
• 2 years’ college/Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
• Must be available Monday - Friday (some weekends)
• Staff and Budget Management experience preferred.
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification, finger print and TB test clearance
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holiday)
• YMCA Retirement Fund contribution
• Employee Assistance Program
• YMCA facility membership (eligible adult and dependent children)
• Discounted pricing on select YMCA program registration fees
• CPR/AED/First Aid re-certification training
• Paid professional development opportunities
• Flexible work schedules Community involvement
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org