YMCA Lifeguard Certification Course
Our comprehensive Lifeguard Training course includes accident prevention, lifeguarding techniques, emergency systems, and rescue skills. The course will also include CPR for the Professional Rescuer with AED, Emergency Oxygen Administration, and First Aid.
Upon successful completion of the course the participant will be certified in:
- YMCA Lifeguarding (valid for two years)
- American Safety and Health Institute CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (valid for one year)
- American Safety and Health Institute Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen Administration (valid for two years)
March 26th-April 3rd*
- Members- $200
- Non- Members- $225
- All online learning completed before the first day of the training
- Must be at least age 16 for YMCA Lifeguard certification
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only then swim 100 yards front crawl
- Swim 250- yards combining Front crawl with head up, Sidestroke, Breaststroke, Breaststroke with head up, and elementary backstroke kick with hands on the chest then perform feet, first surface dive, in 8 to 10 feet of water and once under swim underwater for 15 feet.
- Sprint for a distance of approximately 60 feet in the water, and then perform an arm-over-arm surface dive in 8 to 10 feet of water and pick up an object from the bottom of the pool, surface, tread water for at least 1 minute with legs only, and replace the object back to the bottom of the pool where it was found.
- Immediately begin compressions on an adult manikin for 1 minute or 100 compressions; stand and listen to directions from the instructor.
All Lifeguarding participants will be eligible for a partial refund (all but $15 processing fee) if the class is canceled a week before the start of class (Start date indicated on receipt). There are NO REFUNDS if canceled the day before or the day class starts. The only exception is a refund for special situations including an injury, illness, or a family-related emergency where you are unable to complete the class. A refund for the class will be issued if the YMCA has to cancel due to low enrollment.